The following are the requirements for deregistration of a private limited company:
- ecitizen log in details of one of the directors to whose account the company is linked;
- Company’s full name;
- Company’s registration number;
- Company’s date of registration;
- Special resolution to deregister the company;
- Date and place of meeting where the special resolution was passed and the contents of the resolution;
- Details of the directors: Name, physical and email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Copy of certificate of incorporation;
- Dully filled and signed CR18 & CR19 forms; and
- Processing fee.
Note that the deregistration process is done at the attorney general’s department and before deregistration the company must have complied with tax obligation i.e annual returns must have been filed up to the date of deregistration.
For more information check out www.mmsadvocates.co.ke
By Andrew Wanga